Monday, July 30, 2012

The passing of a great artist, Alex Rudinsky





I found out only recently about the passing away of a really great artist whom was my neighbor growing up, and was an inspiration to many.  

Alex Rudinsky 
Feb. 4, 1957 — April 21, 2011

                                             Alexander John Rudinsky

He died last year from a rare neurological disease.  I remember he had a great sense of humor, and was always cheerful.  When we were much younger, I remember going over to his house to see his sister, who was my age, and asking him to draw pictures of horses for us. I used to study his drawings of horses, and try to draw them like he did.  I wish I still had a drawing of his.

He and his family started the business called "Ceramica", which was the painting of the white ceramic objects, and then they would glaze and fire them.  This type of business is fairly prevalent now but I think he was one of the first to start it, at least around here.  He had several locations, and I loved going there and painting the ceramics.

I ran into him a few times over the years, here and there, and he was always very happy and very encouraging when he found out I was painting too.  he painted a lot of portraits, but also plein air.

A few of his paintings:













So sad, but he did leave so much beauty to look at, to remember.


1 comment: